There are hundreds of online pharmacies operating online. Many of them, for example, Canadian Pharmacy Online, are legal and other illegal. But as a customer it is tough to find that from the online pharmacy, they are going to make their purchases is legal or illegal. For this reason, FDA has offered some tips so that the customers who are buying their medicines online, can make up their decision about the legality of the pharmacy:
- You can go to the website of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) to know whether the site you want to buy medicines from is a licensed pharmacy. Their website is www.nabp.pharmacy. You can also reach them via phone at 847-391 4406.
- You shouldn’t buy from a website that says that they will offer prescription by themselves without even any physical examination. You shouldn’t buy from a website that sells medicines without a prescription. You shouldn’t buy from an online pharmacy that is not approved by FDA as well.
- When an online pharmacy cannot give you access to a registered pharmacist, you should stay away from them.
- Don’t buy medicines from pharmacies who don’t share their address and phone number.
- You should keep away from the online pharmacies that claim that they can cure a serious disorder or cure various health issues very fast.
- You shouldn’t trust the online pharmacies that impress you with their impressive sounding terms so that they can cover up a lack of good science. Also, at the same time, you should be careful about the online pharmacies that claim the medical professional, research scientists, and the government are all working together for blocking a product.
- Don’t trust the online pharmacies that cannot prove their claim of amazing results.
- You should take a suggestion from your physician before starting to take a new medicine.
If you know about an illegal online pharmacy or you find one, please report to the FDA.